Well, we had about a week of enjoying November when everything went to down the drain. Our save-the-date cards got lost in the mail, a deer sprinted out in front of our car and we almost got into a huge accident, our fishbowl cracked and everything on the desk got soaking wet, so we’ve spent the last three days washing and disinfecting (the fish is okay). We have about 50 deadlines coming up and it gets dark at 5:00 so my sleep schedule is all messed up and I feel tired all the time.
The silver lining is that the weather is fantastic, and we began planning a trip during winter break, so there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I hope you’re having a great week, or at least a better week than we have had. Lately, we’ve been trying to balance (somewhat) clean eating and our autumn cravings. We both love spaghetti squash so we’re tried several different recipes, so I’ll list one of my favorite we’ve adapted from Buzzfeed below. Enjoy!
INGREDIENTS: 1 spaghetti squash, 2 chicken breast cut into pieces, 1 diced medium yellow onion, 4 minced garlic cloves, 3 cups of cherry tomatoes cut in halves, ½ lemon juiced, 1 cup of chicken broth, 8 ounces baby spinach, salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375˚F
- Using a fork, poke several holes into the spaghetti squash, and microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Cut squash in half, remove seeds with a spoon, then drizzle squash with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Place squash upside down on baking tray and bake for 40 minutes until soft. Set aside to cool.
- Coat a skillet with olive oil, and cook the chicken breast on medium-high heat for 6-8 minutes until the chicken is golden brown. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Sauté onion for a few minutes, then add garlic and cook for a about a minute, then add tomatoes and cook for a couple minutes. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Add lemon juice and chicken broth, and cook until the liquid partially reduces, approximately 15-20 minutes. Add chicken and cook for several minutes. Add spinach and cook for 2 minutes.
- Using a fork, shred the inside of the squash, then add sauce.